In this unit, participants will examine issues related to transparency, reproducibility, open research, and open data. Topics covered include open workflows, descriptive standards, and open software to support the research life cycle.
As you work your way through the modules on Open Research, reflect on the following questions:
- How can increasing transparency of research project processes – the methodologies and workflows – improve the research and help to advance knowledge?
- How can open collaborative methods increase efficiency and widen participation in research?
- Beyond putting it in the cloud, what is involved in making data open?
For this unit, you will complete:
- 2 modules with a mixture of content types (2 hours)
- 2 activities from the Activity Bank (30-45 minutes)
- A Discussion Forum (30-45 minutes)
- A Shared Reflection (20 minutes)