Key Dates and Sessions
- January 1 – Open Access Unit Released
- January 18 – POSE Kick-Off Session; 10am to 11:30
- February 1 – Open Research Unit Released
- February 2 – Open Access Chat: Repositories: a game changer in the scholarly communication ecosystem?; 11:30am to 12:30pm
- February 22 – Open Research Chat: An Introduction to OSF; 1pm to 2pm
- March 1 – Open Education Unit Released
- March 10 – Open Education Chat: The 6R’s of Indigenous OER; 1pm to 2pm
- April 28 – POSE Wrap Up; 10am to 11:30am
The program has a total of 4 units that will be released monthly to support the cohort model. The Open Access, Open Research, and Open Education units will contain the following:
- 3 Modules (Required). Modules are composed of text and interactive content.
- 2 activities from the open Activity Bank (Required). Activity Bank assignments are required assignments in each unit. The activities will vary and may require analyzing content, engaging with a tool, or both. The completed activities are openly shared in the Activity Bank section of the site.
- 1 Shared Reflection activity (Required). The shared reflection activity will provide examples of the different ways you can apply what you have learned in practice. This activity will directly support the Capstone Project unit.
- 1 Discussion Forum activity (Required). The discussion forum is a chance for you to further explore the material and reflect on what you have read or learned on this topic.
- 1 Open Chat Session with guest speaker (Optional). Open Chats are optional for you to attend, The sessions are meant to provide you with a space to explore the unit of the month with an expert in the area.
Each unit will have a unit completion quiz to assist you in tracking your progress.
In designing POSE, we’ve tried to incorporate open practices as much as possible. POSE uses both this WordPress site and a Canvas course space. On the POSE WordPress site you will find content units and modules which include short interactive activities developed using H5P and an activity bank. The Canvas course space is primarily for tracking your progress through POSE and as a space for course discussions. The Canvas course space is openly available, however; in order to participate in discussions and track your progress in the course, you will need to enroll in the program.
For in-person interactions, the program will use Zoom. You will need to register for all in-person sessions. We will then share the Zoom link with you for the synchronous sessions two-weeks before the session. If you do not have a Zoom account you will be prompted to download the software. Remember you do NOT need a Zoom account in order to access a session. If you do not want to download Zoom, you may want to access the session using a web browser. We will share recordings of synchronous sessions after the session for those of you who are unable to attend.
All content in the POSE program will be available under a Creative Commons license for re-use upon completion of the program.
We would like to keep communication open between the program facilitators and you. We are always available if you reach out. We will also be sharing announcements twice monthly on Monday mornings. We will share these announcements as program updates on the POSE WordPress site. The announcements will be also be shared in Canvas using the magic of RSS. Follow course announcements on the WordPress course site OR if you are enrolled in the Canvas course set your Canvas notifications to receive announcements in your email immediately, daily or weekly.
How to Complete POSE
- Review the Getting Started Unit
- Attend the POSE Kick-Off Session on January 18
- Complete the Open Access Module:
- Read all content
- Complete two Open Access activities from the Activity Bank
- Complete the Open Access Shared Reflection
- Complete the Open Access Forum Activity
- Attend the Open Chat on Feb 2
- Complete the Open Research Module:
- Read all content
- Complete two Open Research activities from the Activity Bank
- Complete the Open Research Shared Reflection
- Complete the Open Research Forum Activity
- Attend the Open Chat on Feb 22 (optional)
- Complete the Open Education Module:
- Read all content
- Complete two Open Education activities from the Activity Bank
- Complete the Open Education Shared Reflection
- Complete the Open Education Forum Activity
- Attend the Open Chat on Mar 10 (optional)
- Attend the POSE Wrap Up Session