Thank you for signing up for POSE – the Program for Open Scholarship and Education. We are really excited to learn and explore open scholarship with you over the next three months. In this message we have outlined three steps to help get you going in POSE.
Step 1: Sign up for the Canvas course
We have set up this course using two platforms, WordPress to share content and some interactive activities and the Canvas learning management system for tracking your progress and for course discussions. You do not need to log into the WordPress site, it is completely open, however; you will need to self-enroll in the Canvas course.
To enroll in the Canvas course: please click the following self-enroll link and you will be enrolled in the course as students: https://canvas.ubc.ca/enroll/NWMRCE
- If you are a non-UBC person, you will need to use the basic CWL that you used to register for POSE.
Step 2: Register for the synchronous sessions and add them to your calendar
There are two required synchronous sessions for the course and a number of optional sessions. A list of all POSE synchronous sessions can be viewed here and we ask you to register for each session separately as that helps with our planning.
There will be two optional synchronous sessions each month meant to provide you with a space to explore themes in that unit.
- Open Access:
- May 16, 1pm to 2pm: Creative Commons and Copyleft Trolls
- May 23, 11am to 12pm: A global and diverse world of scholarly communication is well under way
- Open Research:
- June 14, 11am to 12pm: Introduction to OSF
- June 21, 11am to 12pm: Replicability, Generalizability, and the ManyClasses Approach to Open Science
- Open Education:
- July 5, 12pm to 1pm: Can I (Re)Use This? Introduction to OER
- July 12, 10am to 11:30am – Representing Open Education Work in Reappointment, Tenure and Promotion Processes
Please spend a moment and make sure that you have added these to your calendar and registered for any of the sessions you plan to attend.
Step 3: Orient yourself to the course and get started on the first unit
Go to https://pose.open.ubc.ca and familiarize yourself with the website. Work through the Getting Started content; this will provide you information about course completion, how to move through the course, and course communication.
We look forward to meeting and kicking off the program on May 4th at 11:00am! If you have any questions about the POSE program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your POSE facilitators